Monday, April 21, 2008

rant

Here we go, yo
Here we go, yo
So what's the, what's the
Scenario?

I am accutely aware of two things.
a) I am getting older and dying. -- That is, I must capitalize on the opportunities I have available.
b) I am no better or worse than any other human. I am able to accomplish anything in this life, simply by virtue of the fact that if I do not succeed I will not be offered a compensatory second attempt.

The question still remains: What the hell should I do with my precious time here?
This is especially noticeable at this particular juncture as I have no serious distractions in my life at the moment. I have no kids, I am just finished(ing) school. I am married. I am not searching for love, work, or education? Perhaps I need to take a chance and step up on the ladder towards self actualization? What are my needs going to be now?

Learn a new language?
Read books?
Dance?
Wokout?
Work?
Make money?
Get to know people?

The best I have so far is this: it would be both challenging and rewarding to become a student of people. I could spend my time on earth trying to understand how I can best interact with others. To use learnings of how others think to alter their perception of me. To learn how to make them feel as positive and loved as is possible. What are the little things that make one person likable, with a halo of glowing energy around them, versus someone cold and annoying?


The learning starts...

No comments: